Thursday, December 9, 2010

Post Number Two: The Shock of the True Identitys & The Beginning of Conflict

Imagine love at first sight. You know you are going to marry this person, you talk to him and you are 100% positive that this person is the one! Then when you find out his name, you are horrified to learn its the one and only family that your family hates! Does this story sound familiar, because this is in the story of Romeo and Juliet. I seemed to me Romeo was so excited to find love again, and got over the fact that his dream wife, Rosaline, was chased. Although, after finding out that the new love of his life was from the only family that his family despised, Romeo's voice faded. It was like his heart just got shattered into a million of pieces. It's almost like you could see his face drop and change from thrilled to depressed, and sorrow. "My only love sprung from my only hate." This was Juliet words of the awful news that she had been told. It means that the only person that she had ever loved was from the only family that she ever hated. Although both young lovers did not know why their family hated each other. You could clearly tell both were in a great shock. It seemed like Romeo took it harder than Juliet because of the depression that he was going through. Through all of the shock of the true identity it seemed as if Romeo and Juliet were not going to give up on their love so quickly.

If this were to happen to me I feel the opposite of what they're feeling. I would feel as if I betrayed my family. Almost mad at myself for falling for someone I barely knew and then kissing him. I would not have kissed him in the first place, but if I did, I would feel ashamed. I can see why it was a big disappointment for Romeo and Juliet.

The story of Romeo and Juliet is filled with drama, romance, and conflict, lots of conflict. Its does not start out with conflict but it slowly happens. It all started in Act 1 scene II, when the Capulets throw a party and tell their servant to go fetch the people with the names "written" on the paper and tell them to come to the party at such time. The servant was unable to read, like most servants back then. As the servant stressed about how he was to do these tasks, he ask a young man to read off the list of names. Who is the young man you may ask? Romeo it was, so he read the list and one of the guests was the Lovely Rosaline, whom Romeo loved and wanted to marry. Romeo and his cousin who was his best friend, made a plan to attend the party, but not with their real identity. And this is just were the conflict began!

1 comment:

  1. Courtney - good responses. I need to see you add citations from the text to support your opinions (much like you did for the first response). Also, make sure you are EDITING and adding images/features that enhance the appearance of your blog as well as your depth of understanding.

    ReplyDelete

Romeo and Juliet

Romeo and Juliet