Monday, December 6, 2010

Post Number One: Fate or Luck

To me fate and destiny are the same thing. Fate is like a plan that is already written and you follow it without knowing it's path. I believe life is a trail where you can determine which way you turn. I don't believe in fate because I think that we make our own choices and that we can change those choices. Was it fate that Romeo and Juliet saw each other at a party and fell in love? I say no. It was Romeo's choice to attend the Caplulets banquet, which just so happened to change his life.
Many would call it fate that my dog, who was found wandering on a busy road, now lives in my house with a big yard filled with trees and green grass and squirrels to chase, but I say it's luck. I don't think  it was already chosen by some greater power that Brody was going to be my dog. My family could have picked any dog from the shelter, but we just happened to have picked him. I think that his future could have been different if someone else had adopted him. He has a really good life! To me, believing in fate is almost like being a puppet with scripts and actions already planned out for you. 

1 comment:

  1. Interesting thoughts, Courtney. I enjoyed reading your blog and would consider your first post to be a success! I also liked how you added the extra features about fate - CREATIVE! I encourage you to read your posts out loud before publishing so you can hear the awkward sentences and then make revisions. Also, do you think you could add some features that reflect the mood, tone, themes, etc of Romeo & Juliet? Consider it!

    ReplyDelete

Romeo and Juliet

Romeo and Juliet